- Time:Apr 30 , 2018
- Event Type:All Day Event
- Location:878 Bayview Drive, Put-in-Bay, OH 43456 | Get Directions
- Event Organizer:Erin Monaco | Contact Host
- Event Category:Deadlines | Show Similar
Ohio Sea Grant and Stone Laboratory are offering scholarships to take part in a one-day hands-on scientific experience in the Fall of 2018, thanks to generous funding from The Andrews Foundation and First Solar Corporate Charitable Fund of the Toledo Community Foundation.
The Stone Laboratory Field Trip Scholarship will include full funding for:
- 30 people to attend a one-day field trip (24 students and 6 chaperones)
- Lunch on the island
- Ferry transportation from the Miller Ferry in Port Clinton to South Bass Island
- Island transportation from the Miller Ferry dock on South Bass Island to Stone Laboratory
- Lakefront Lines roundtrip transportation from your school to the Miller Ferry dock
We will also reimburse substitute teacher payment for the day of your field trip (up to $150).
Any science teachers in grades 5-12 may apply.
The Andrews Foundation Field Trip Scholarships will give preference to schools located in Northeast Ohio, but can also be given to schools outside of this location based on need, application materials, and location of other applicants.
The First Solar Field Trip Scholarships will only be awarded to schools in the Toledo, Ohio area (Lucas and Wood counties) based on financial need. Schools within the Toledo Public School District are highly encouraged to apply.
Field trips will be scheduled for October 19 through October 26, 2018. Please plan on arriving to board the 10:30 a.m. ferry and then leaving on the 5:00 p.m. ferry.
We expect the form to be working now, but please feel free to check that your submission was received by emailing email@example.com. You may also want to save your responses in a Word document, just in case you do have to re-enter it. We’re sorry for the inconvenience!