- Time:Mar 13 , 2020
- Event Type:All Day Event
- Event Organizer:Susan Bixler | Contact Host
- Event Category:Deadlines | Show Similar
- Add Event:Add to my calendar
Communicating for a Clean Future: Ohio Marine Debris Challenge
We want your help to raise awareness about the global problem of marine debris, especially in the Great Lakes! We’re looking for original and inspiring public service announcements from students grades 9-12 in the Lake Erie region of Ohio. So grab your video equipment, be creative, and show us:
- What is marine debris?
- How does marine debris impact the oceans and the Great Lakes?
- What can you and others do to help prevent marine debris and be part of the solution?
Winning teams will receive a single day entry to Cedar Point Amusement Park’s Physics, Math, and Science Week in May of 2020 and will be publicly recognized by Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur and other dignitaries… along with other great prizes from participating partners!
The last day to submit entries is March 13, 2020.
This contest was first created in 2016 in partnership with Ohio Congressional District 9 Representative Marcy Kaptur, and has since expanded to include districts along the entire Ohio Lake Erie coastline.