Eco-History Island Passport at Put-In-Bay
Article By: Jill Jentes Banicki, Published: August 6, 2004
Travel to each destination and receive a stamp in your island passport.
Wednesdays, August 11, 18, and 25; 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
$10 Children (ages 12 and under)
Five-Site Passport Package (limited to 52 people each Weds) includes admission to the following:
- South Bass Island Lighthouse (open 10 a.m.-Noon)
- ODNR Division of Wildlife's Aquatic Visitors Center (open 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.)*
- Gibraltar Island Tour (begins 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.--tour Stone Lab, Cooke Castle, and participate in hands-on classroom science activities)
- Lake Erie Islands Historical Society (open 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.)
- Perry's Monument (open 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.)
Four-Site Passport Package (includes only Lighthouse, Visitors Center, Historical Society, and Perry's Monument)
$5 Children (ages 12 and under)
Passport is valid only for that specific Wednesday.
Transportation between destinations (other than the water taxi to Gibraltar) is not provided.
*Aquatic Visitors Center is free and can be visited without the passport.
To purchase a passportGo to one of the following locations:
Water taxi at the Boardwalk
The South Bass Lighthouse (10:00am-noon on the event days) or
The Stone Lab's Bayview office during business hours.
Read more articles: "Back To News Page"
Recent News Items
Ohio Sea Grant Knauss Fellow...
Sarah Bowman, the 2015 Ohio Sea Grant Knauss Fellow,...
Applications for Stone Lab’s...
Applications open January 1, 2015 for the 2015...
Ohio State's Stone Lab Seeks...
Stone Laboratory, The Ohio State University’s island...