Eco-History Island Passport at Put-In-Bay
Article By: Jill Jentes Banicki, Published: August 6, 2004
Travel to each destination and receive a stamp in your island passport.
Wednesdays, August 11, 18, and 25; 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
$10 Children (ages 12 and under)
Five-Site Passport Package (limited to 52 people each Weds) includes admission to the following:
- South Bass Island Lighthouse (open 10 a.m.-Noon)
- ODNR Division of Wildlife's Aquatic Visitors Center (open 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.)*
- Gibraltar Island Tour (begins 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.--tour Stone Lab, Cooke Castle, and participate in hands-on classroom science activities)
- Lake Erie Islands Historical Society (open 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.)
- Perry's Monument (open 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.)
Four-Site Passport Package (includes only Lighthouse, Visitors Center, Historical Society, and Perry's Monument)
$5 Children (ages 12 and under)
Passport is valid only for that specific Wednesday.
Transportation between destinations (other than the water taxi to Gibraltar) is not provided.
*Aquatic Visitors Center is free and can be visited without the passport.
To purchase a passportGo to one of the following locations:
Water taxi at the Boardwalk
The South Bass Lighthouse (10:00am-noon on the event days) or
The Stone Lab's Bayview office during business hours.
Read more articles: "Back To News Page"
Recent News Items
Harmful Algal Bloom Q&A and Updates
This page will be updated frequently as new...
Event Summary: NOAA and...
2014 Life on Lake Erie Photo...
The Ohio Lake Erie Commission is looking for amateur...