Columbus, OH The Ohio Sea Grant College Program, as part of the Great Lakes Sea Grant Network, and in cooperation with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Coastal Storms Program (CSP), is requesting preproposals for one- to two-year projects related to Great Lakes coastal community storm hazard resiliency. Approximately $1,000,000 is available for projects during FY 2014-2016.
The deadline for preproposals is 5 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 18, 2013. Full proposals must be submitted by 5 p.m. ET Friday, March 21, 2014.
Great Lakes universities and colleges, local and regional governments, non-profits, homeowner and community associations, business organizations and community-university partnerships are eligible. Collaborative proposals that promote partnerships and interdisciplinary solutions to address a wide range of coastal hazard challenges faced by communities are important considerations for CSP funding.
The CSP is a nationwide effort to help coastal residents reduce the impacts that storms have on their families, communities, property, and environment. The program has a history of providing an array of tools and services, which have included improved observing systems, forecast models, decision support tools, risk assessments, best management practices, socioeconomic information, and outreach and extension activities to enhance community resilience.
- November 22, 2013, 2 p.m. — Ohio Sea Grant webinar for investigators and project leaders (go.osu.edu/osgrfp13)
- December 18, 2013, 5 p.m. — Preproposals due (ohioseagrant.osu.edu/research/submit)
- February 10, 2014, 5 p.m. — Project leaders notified of preproposal status
- February 18, 2014, 2 p.m. – Ohio Sea Grant webinar for investigators and project leaders (go.osu.edu/osgrfp13)
- March 21, 2014, 5 p.m. — Full proposals due (ohioseagrant.osu.edu/research/submit)
- May 12, 2014 — Awards announced
For more information about the Coastal Storms Program, please contact:
Julia Noordyk, CSP Outreach Coordinator, University of Wisconsin Sea Grant Institute, email@example.com
Brent Schleck, CSP Outreach Coordinator, Minnesota Sea Grant College Program, firstname.lastname@example.org