Bay Village, OHIO Marinas from around the Great Lakes are invited to learn about “Going Green” to enhance a marina’s appearance, environmental impact, and functionality during a Clean Marinas webinar on Thursday, September 29, 2016 from 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. EST. Marina owners and staff are also welcome to participate in person at the Lake Erie Nature & Science Center at 28728 Wolf Road, Bay Village, OH, 44140.
Join Adam Wohlever from the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, Mel Hauser from Good Nature Organic Lawn Care and Amy Roskilly from the Cuyahoga Soil & Water Conservation District as they discuss native plant options for marinas, an introduction to organic lawn care, and best practices for green cleaning.
Attendees will learn about:
- Best practices for managing vegetation for habitat, water quality and aesthetic appeal
- Examples of native plant implementation projects
- Control techniques for invasive plants
- Organic alternatives to traditional lawn care
- Replacing toxic cleaning products with those that are better for you and the environment without compromising on effectiveness
- Best practices to pass along to your boaters
Participants will also have the opportunity to ask questions via a live chat after the presentations.
The Ohio Clean Marinas Program is a proactive partnership designed to encourage marinas and boaters to use simple, innovative solutions to keep Ohio’s coastal and inland waterway resources clean. The program assists in protecting clean water and fresh air for generations of boaters to come. For more information about the program, visit ohioseagrant.osu.edu/clean.