- Time:Oct 23 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm, 2014
- Location:Grange Insurance Audubon Center, 505 W Whitter Street, Columbus, OH 43215 | Get Directions
- Event Organizer:Jason Cervenec | Contact Host
- Event Category:Presentations | Show Similar
Join us at the Grange Insurance Audubon Center on the evening of October 23, 2014! The event will feature a chance to visit the center and attend two presentations. The first will discuss the difference between weather and climate and how sophisticated computer models are used to describe climate behavior. The second will share ground breaking research from the National Audubon Society about the impact of climate change on bird populations.
This event is part of the Climate Explorations series of events held during Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 to communicate the science of climate change and its impacts on the Central Ohio community.
- What is the difference between climate and weather, and why is this difference important?
- How do observations and computer modeling play a role in climate research?
- How is climate change expected to impact bird populations?