- Time:Jan 28 7:00 pm - 8:15 pm
- Location:Smith Laboratory, 100 W 18th Avenue, Ohio State Planetarium, Columbus, OH 43210 | Get Directions
- Event Organizer:Jason Cervenec | Contact Host
- Event Category:Presentations | Show Similar
Join us for special presentations at OSU’s Planetarium. The presentations will focus on the sun as the primary source of energy for Earth’s climate system and the role of the greenhouse effect in trapping heat in Earth’s atmosphere.
This event is part of the Climate Explorations series of events held during Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 to communicate the science of climate change and its impacts on the Central Ohio community.
- What part does the sun play in Earth’s climate system?
- How does the greenhouse effect work?
- How do gradual changes in Earth’s orientation affect weather and climate?
Registration for the event will open on November 3, 2014 at 8:30 a.m. Space is limited, so be sure to place reservations or join the waitlist as soon as possible!