- Time:May 19 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Event Organizer:Christina Dierkes | Contact Host
- Event Category:Webinars | Show Similar
Planners and decision makers need an easy and clear way to show potential impacts of lake level changes in the Great Lakes. The focus of NOAA’s Lake Level Viewer is to provide communities with lake level scenarios and assist with planning decisions, such as updating zoning restrictions, planning infrastructure, encouraging sustainability and restoring or conserving habitat. Come see how this tool might inform your next decision!
This webinar will:
- provide an overview of Great Lakes climate science and historical lake levels
- show the need for visualizing potential impacts of changing water levels
- discuss the development of the web mapping tool and supporting data
- give a demonstration of tool functionality and how to access data and map services
- discuss future work
An archive of the presentation is available on the Great Lakes Climate website.