- Time:Aug 26 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Event Organizer:Jill Jentes Banicki | Contact Host
- Event Category:Webinars | Show Similar
Learn a multi-disciplinary approach for enhancing your current curriculum on biology, environmental science, and geography using an engaging web site; discover how to reduce the risks of school, science curricula and biological supply houses as pathways for aquatic invasive species; and hear about exemplary education resources to incorporate into your classroom instruction.
The webinar will be presented by Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant staff who have incorporated the tools and resources in their professional development training with formal and non-formal educators.
Certificates of attendance for professional development contact hours can be requested after the webinar. Instructions will be provided during the session.
- Understand the importance of biodiversity and how invasive species impact native ecosystem balance
- Incorporate instructional technology that meets science and geography standards
- all activities are linked to these standards
- Implement creative activities that were developed by your peers
- Provide your students with enjoyable ways to do research invasive species
- Create opportunities for your students to share their projects with other students around the world