- Time:Apr 20 9:00 am - 10:00 am
- Location:Greater Cleveland Aquarium, 2000 Sycamore Street, Cleveland, OH 44113 | Get Directions
- Event Organizer:Cathi Lehn | Contact Host
- Event Category:Presentations | Show Similar
The Great Lakes Water Safety Consortium is the new umbrella group for all water safety organizations and advocates committed to ending drowning in the Great Lakes, through collaboration, education, and action.
Join us for a day of compelling keynotes, expert presentations, ideation sessions, and networking breaks with first responders, scientists, park rangers, survivors, and other leaders and peers. Learn the latest in wave science and how to avoid, escape, and safely save others from dangerous currents and other beach hazards.
We’re gathering an incredible lineup of presenters from Sea Grant, National Weather Service, Great Lakes Surf Rescue Project, Coast Guard, and many others sharing the latest science, techniques, and technologies. You’ll leave with new strategies, insights, and know-how to save lives in your community.
By the end of the Conference, you will:
- Understand who the Great Lakes Water Safety Consortium is, and how we intend to end drowning in the Great Lakes.
- Have an up-to-date and in-depth understanding of wave science and dangerous currents research.
- Know best practices in how to avoid, escape, and safely save others from dangerous currents.
- Be more comfortable and confident speaking to the media and others about water safety.
- Put your new knowledge to use in fun, interactive ideation sessions.
- Make new connections with attendees and the GLWSC’s growing membership of people committed to our cause.