- Time:Feb 7 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm, 2017
- Location:Longaberger Alumni House, 2200 Olentangy River Rd, Columbus, OH 43210 | Get Directions
- Event Organizer:Nancy Cruickshank | Contact Host
- Event Category:Presentations | Show Similar
Save the date for the 2017 Stone Lab Winter Program and Silent Auction at the Longaberger Alumni House on Ohio State’s Columbus campus.
In addition to the annual Silent Auction, guests will be able to purchase Stone Lab merchandise to support student scholarships and learn about Stone Lab’s summer courses and field trip programs. High school and college students can also win a Stone Lab scholarship covering room and board for a one-week course.
Bid on silent auction items, cash bar, hors d’oeuvres
Welcome & Introductions
- Dr. Chris Winslow, Interim Director, Ohio Sea Grant & Stone Lab
- Dr. Caroline Whitacre, Senior VP for Research, The Ohio State University
- Dr. Lonnie King, Acting Dean & VP for Agricultural Administration, Ohio State’s College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences
- Ken Scott, President, Friends of Stone Lab (FOSL)
- Madelyn Strahan, President, Buckeye FOSL
- Sue Bixler, Education & Outreach Assistant, Stone Lab
Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) Presentation
Caroline McElwain, Ohio State Class of 2017
“Can Lake Erie Forage Fish See In Turbid Water?”
Bid on silent auction items & purchase Stone Lab merchandise.
Dr. Bryan D. Mark, State Climatologist & Professor of Geography, The Ohio State University
“From Glaciers to Asparagus: Tracing Climate Change in Peru”
Closing Remarks & Silent Auction Winners
We’re also giving away a Stone Lab scholarship for room & board during a one-week summer course – stay tuned for details!