- Time:Sep 8 11:00 am – 4:00 pm, 2018
- Location:Put-in-Bay, OH 43456 | Get Directions
- Event Organizer:Kelly Dress | Contact Host
- Event Category:Tours | Show Similar
- Add Event:Add to my calendar
Have you ever been curious about the Lake Erie science that takes place at Stone Lab? Do you want to take a peek inside Cooke Castle or peer down from Perry’s Lookout? Well, grab the opportunity at the 19th Annual Friends of Stone Lab (FOSL) Open House from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, September 8, 2018.
- Tour of Stone Laboratory, Gibraltar Island
- Free transportation to Gibraltar from Ohio State’s Aquatic Visitors Center
- Tour the 6.5-acre island and view Cooke Castle
- Lectures and laboratory sessions
- Historical photos, summer class information, publications
- Tour Historic South Bass Island Lighthouse (transportation not provided)
Free transportation to Gibraltar Island will be provided from Ohio State University’s AVC on South Bass Island. The last boat to Gibraltar Island from the AVC is at 3:30 p.m., the last boat off Gibraltar Island is at 4 p.m. Or, if it is more convenient, you can pay for water taxi services from Put-In-Bay to Gibraltar Island.
Guests will enjoy tours of the 6.5-acre island, including a view of Cooke Castle; lectures and laboratory sessions; summer class information, and publications. Tours of historic South Bass Island Lighthouse will also be available, but transportation will not be provided.