- Time:Aug 13 11:00 am – 2:00 pm, 2021
- Location:Put-in-Bay, OH 43456 | Get Directions
- Event Organizer:Jill Bartolotta | Contact Host
- Event Category:Educational Events | Show Similar
Join Ohio Sea Grant and Stone Lab in highlighting how the South Bass Island community is coming together to phase out plastics and clean up beaches!
Take a scenic tour of the island to learn about plastic pollution and participate in beach cleanups (transportation not provided). Each location will have fun activities that are great for all ages and come complete with prizes for participating.
- South Bass Island State Park Beach (by the boat ramp), 1523 Catawba Ave, Put-In-Bay, OH 43456 (map)
- Lake Erie Islands Nature and Wildlife Center, 255 Meechen Rd, Put-In-Bay, OH 43456 (map)
- Perry’s Victory and International Peace Memorial (back porch of visitor center), 93 Delaware Ave, Put-In-Bay, OH 43456 (map)
- Boardwalk Restaurant (sidewalk area), 341 Bayview Ave, Put-In-Bay, OH 43456 (map)
- Aquatic Visitor’s Center (dock area), 310 OH-357, Put-In-Bay, OH 43456 (map) * Please note the updated COVID-19 guidelines for Ohio State campus properties.
- Scheeff East Point Preserve, 1159-1107 Columbus Ave, Put-In-Bay, OH 43456 (map)
By the end of the day, you will have the tools to phase plastic out of your life, and if you visit all event locations, you’ll be entered to win a fabulous prize pack!