- Time:Sep 10 11:00 am – 4:00 pm, 2022
- Location:Put-in-Bay, OH 43456 | Get Directions
- Event Organizer:Erin Monaco | Contact Host
- Event Category:Educational Events | Show Similar
The 2022 Stone Laboratory Open House, scheduled for September 10, 2022!
Have you ever been curious about the Lake Erie science that takes place at Stone Lab? Do you want to take a peek inside Cooke Castle or peer down from Perry’s Lookout? Well, grab the opportunity at the Annual Friends of Stone Lab (FOSL) Open House from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, September 10, 2022. This event is free of charge, registration not required.
- Tour of Stone Laboratory, Gibraltar Island
- Tour the 6.5-acre island and view Cooke Castle
- Lectures and laboratory sessions
- Historical photos, summer class information, publications
- Tour Historic South Bass Island Lighthouse (transportation not provided)
Free transportation to Gibraltar Island will be provided from Ohio State University’s AVC on South Bass Island. The last boat to Gibraltar Island from the AVC is at 3:30 p.m., the last boat off Gibraltar Island is at 4 p.m. Or, if it is more convenient, you can pay for water taxi services from Put-In-Bay to Gibraltar Island.
If you require an accommodation such as interpretation to participate in this event, please contact Erin Monaco at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests made two weeks in advance will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the university will make every effort to meet requests made after this date.