- Time:Aug 10 10:00 am – 4:00 pm, 2023
- Location:Put-in-Bay, OH 43456 | Get Directions
- Event Organizer:Jill Bartolotta | Contact Host
- Event Category:Educational Events | Show Similar
Lake Erie Awareness Day brings the magic of Lake Erie’s history, culture and natural resources to Put-in-Bay!
Spend the day touring South Bass Island while learning about Ohio’s greatest water resource and visiting education stations to learn about island history, native plants and animals, the dangers of plastic pollution, and boating safety. Fun giveaways and a great day in nature awaits! Go to all the stations and be entered to win a fabulous island themed prize.
- Aquatic Visitors Center, 310 OH-357, Put-In-Bay, OH 43456 (map)
- South Bass Island Lighthouse, 2368 Langram Ave., Put-In-Bay, OH 43456 (map)
- Perry’s Victory and International Peace Memorial, 93 Delaware Ave, Put-In-Bay, OH 43456 (map)
- Cooper’s Woods Preserve, 489 Catawba Ave., Put-in-Bay, OH 43456 (map)
- Lake Erie Islands Nature and Wildlife Center, 255 Meechen Rd, Put-In-Bay, OH 43456 (map)
- South Bass Island State Park, 1523 Catawba Ave, Put-In-Bay, OH 43456 (map)
This free event will run rain or shine.
Getting To and Around the Island
Please arrange your own transportation to and around the island. You can bike or rent a golf cart to get to the various stations. Cars are allowed on the island but parking is limited, especially in the downtown Put-in-Bay area.